Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

333’s back to life

Truck Shop ยท 2022-04-25 20:48

I thought some might find this interesting. I don't know all the particulars involved with the delete done on both. Both of these are 2019 models that caught fire and were totaled by insurance. Both completely stripped down to nothing, re-powder coated all main frames, and any engine brackets. Some parts reused. The young man who is doing this work is using them in his business, he bought them real cheap and will average 28,000 in each. Both are very low hour machines, The finished one he has been running for almost 2 months now with no issues.

Replies6
  1. #1Truck Shop2022-04-25 20:49
  2. #21466IH2022-04-25 23:40

    That is a hell of a task to undertake for most people. Currently have a t300 in the shop right now that caught fire. Ins totalled it, customer bought it back and then brought to us for a rebuild. He made the mistake of saying he was in no hurry since ins paid for a new machine so it has been one of those fill in jobs. When you have a couple hours to finish out the day in the afternoon or your waiting for a shower of rain to pass before you head out on a service call we will work on it a bit. Need to make time just to finish it and get it out of the shop but too many other jobs going on.

  3. #3Vetech632022-04-26 08:09

    Maybe I will tackle something like that when I finally retire.

  4. #4bam19682022-04-26 08:27

    Looks like he is doing a top notch job on them. A 2019 333G with I believe @1400 hours sold locally on an auction a few weeks ago. I can't remember the exact number but it was over $80,000. I heard a new one was over $110,000.

  5. #5kenworth2022-04-26 09:17

    Very cool and ambitious project.

  6. #6azvacs2022-04-26 19:01

    That's impresive work and a hell of a savings for what will be pretty much, a new machine. Strong work.