Hi I was put in the seat of a 336E Hybrid with about 5500 hrs and I can't get it to rev past 1500 or so RPMs is this a normal feature? We have another 336E (non hybrid) on site with less hours and it seems to be significantly faster and waay smoother to run. Are all hybrids dogs or is our machine just worn out? EH has 5500 hours (1000 on new engine) and standard E has about 3500. Coming from old iron, I really enjoy both of them otherwise, thank you all.
https://www.enr.com/articles/9472-caterpillar-s-new-hybrid-excavator-offers-savings-at-a-small-price
I've been hearing some with the same complaints. Lower the engine speed and you have less torque and horsepower which means the pump settings are a lot more sensitive in order to maintain performance. Sounds like your pumps need to be adjusted back to peak performance. Cat seems to be trying to keep up with Komatsu and Hitachi on the efficiency wars.