Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3406 injector pump bonnet leak, take 2

Mobilewrench · 2025-03-04 19:01

A couple of weeks ago I replaced plunger bonnet seals for a client. Bad fuel leak on #4. Before anyone tells me that I should have rebuilt the entire pump, I know. I advised the client that it was a thirty year old truck and that the only symptom he could see was probably not the only issue. Long story short, I did what he asked. Yesterday he called and said that he was still leaving fuel on the road. I thought that it was most likely from the primer pump on the fuel filter housing, thing is pretty worn out. Went by today and now I seem to have pretty nasty leaks on #4 and #6. Needless to say; that was not the desired result. Apparently there are options on the bonnet oring. A bit of scouring message boards tells me that what I wanted was the red oring. For the life of me I cannot seem to find a part number for the red one and neither can the dealer. can someone give me the part number for the red o ring? Or tell me what else could cause this leak.

Replies8
  1. #18V712025-03-04 22:12

    3406 A,B,C. Serial number? Old/New scroll. Thirty years old I’m guessing a C model?

  2. #28V712025-03-04 22:38

    This might be it?

  3. #38V712025-03-04 22:42

    The bulletin calls it a pink color o-ring

  4. #4thepumpguysc2025-03-05 20:20

    Replace the bonnet too..

  5. #5Mobilewrench2025-03-05 21:26

    Thanks, it got new bonnets the first time. Serial is 3zj45968 I was looking at it a little this afternoon. Looks like I am leaking from the injector lines as well. Has anybody ever replaced injector lines with aftermarket ones. The dealer wants more than $300 per line and full sets from eBay and Amazon are under $150 for the full set.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2025-03-05 21:33

    I wouldn’t hesitate..

  7. #7Mobilewrench2025-03-05 21:54

    I didn't either, I actually bought a set before I asked the question. I am just surprised that a set could be that cheap.

  8. #8Truck Shop2025-03-05 22:09

    Not paying U.S. labor to make them--plus paying for the name.