Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3406 no oil in the rocker arm

Self-Jameel · 2023-06-13 01:17

Hi good day everyone,I have a problem rebuilding an engine (3406) after the whole process even to the point of starting that's when I noticed the second rocker arm from back end of the engine is is not lubricating.traced tha whole line I came to the conclusion that the camshaft bearing might have not been in the right position that's ma volution though. Appreciate any help my colleagues will render here.thanks alot

Replies9
  1. #1Coaldust2023-06-13 02:26

    Hello new fella, Missing o rings on the spacer plate dowels, or misplaced washer for the rocker hold down or upside down rocker shaft. Compression brake? Truck engine? You left out a lot of crucial info, so I’m just tossing out ideas. Head over to the new member forum and introduce yourself and you’ll likely get more help. Patrick Swayze (RIP) once said “Ain't nothing like a Caterpillar engine". While we ponder your issue, let’s take a break and watch a great scene from Black Dog.

  2. #2Self-Jameel2023-06-13 18:03

    Yeah I thought as much initially buh before running down here for help I checked most of the things you mentioned even go as far as checking the camshaft bearing position and positive blockage in the oil gallary buh couldn't find anything.buh can you pls elaborate where you talked about misplacing washer and compression brake pls

  3. #3Coaldust2023-06-13 19:23

    I’ve seen people accidentally put the washer on the bottom of the rocker bracket. Does it have Jake’s? Serial #?

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-06-13 21:30

    B or E model 3406?

  5. #5Self-Jameel2023-06-14 01:14

    It's normal 3406 engine attached to 16G grader with the serial number ( 93U03157) thanks in advance..

  6. #6Coaldust2023-06-14 01:22

    Alrighty. Now, we are getting somewhere. It’s just a normal ol’e 3406. Nothing special. I can work with that.

  7. #7Self-Jameel2023-06-14 01:43

    Alright thanks in advance man

  8. #8Self-Jameel2023-06-14 01:44

    Normal 3406 engine with the serial number (93U03157) 16G grader..

  9. #9Self-Jameel2023-06-14 01:45

    No Jakes at all