Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3406E cat engine injectors trim file calibration

Olori Joshua · 2021-05-11 08:13

Please I need you to help me on the procedure to perform injectors trim file calibration on 3406E with sn: BET13139 A friend is referring me to go help a truck owner that just bought complete injectors on his D350E truck to do the calibrations, i have not done it before. thanks.

Replies12
  1. #1Nige2021-05-11 10:02

    Injector Trim "Calibration" is not really a calibration at all The only time this "adjustment" is required is if one or more injectors have been changed in the engine, and it requires the use of Cat ET software to accomplish. Have replacement injectors been installed.?

  2. #2Olori Joshua2021-05-11 11:08

    Thanks. yes they have replaced the complete 6 injectors to new ones and need me to go do the calibrations tomorrow. All i need now is the procedure for the calibration. I know i can locate the calibration in service on cat et but how do i upload the codes during the calibration? do I have to write the code down and input down or how? thanks.

  3. #3Nige2021-05-11 14:13

    You can find the E-Trim Code either on the top or on the side of each new njector. Write each one down. Hook up ET and go to the Injector Trim Code Calibration. Highlight each cylinder in turn and change the Code from what's on the screen to the Code you have for that cylinder. I think from memory you have to save after each cylinder change, but I may be wrong on that and you can change all 6 Codes then Save everything at the end.

  4. #4Olori Joshua2021-05-11 19:06

    Thanks. How many digits is the code sir? In case I see more than one number on each injector.

  5. #5Nige2021-05-11 19:22

    Can’t remember to be honest with you. Take a photo of an injector showing all the digits and I could probably pick out which ones are the Code. Alternatively take a look in ET and see how many digits the existing Trim Codes are. The replacement injectors will be the same number of digits. EDIT: I think it's 4 digits just like a 3500 electronic injector. See #10 in the illustration below.

  6. #6Truck Shop2021-05-11 20:57

    Who ever installed should written the codes down along with each cylinder, normal practice.

  7. #7Olori Joshua2021-05-11 23:40

    I'm grateful. With all these information, I hope to go carry out the calibration successful today. The image you sent will be a big guide. Thanks for taking your time to assist. I'm expecting 4digits as the code.

  8. #8Olori Joshua2021-05-11 23:43

    Ok, noted. Thanks

  9. #9kshansen2021-05-12 07:13

    Yes, hope they took notes or the numbers a visible with the injectors installed! Been many years since I worked on a Cat but seem to recall at that time the reman injectors came with a CD with the codes or a list of codes that you had to use with ET after installing them.

  10. #10Olori Joshua2021-05-12 07:20

    Kinda confuse here. I saw two numbers that are 4digits; on the top and on the side boby. Which one is the right one sir? So, is it 1572 Or 1373 ? waiting your answer to proceed. Thanks Thanks

  11. #11Cmark2021-05-12 07:46

    Here you go......

  12. #12Olori Joshua2021-05-12 08:02

    Thanks, you just save my time. I appreciate well well!!