hello all! was wondering if someone could tell me when they went to the pencil injector on the 3408? serial number prefix is 67U thanks!
I believe 1980 but don't quote me on that- C Mark should know for sure. Truck Shop
Thanks for the vote of confidence Truck Shop. For the record, I "know" about as much as the next grease monkey but what I do have is access to SIS and about 40 years in the game. They appear to come in at 67U11076. However that doesn't mean that everything before that was a precup engine, in fact it was available as either a PC or DI engine right from 67U00001, depending on HP.
67U 3408 industrial engine 1976 67U 3408B " 1992 67U 3408C " 2000 Bob
OK, SO 67U16XXX Will DEFINITELY have the pencil nozzles? is this what would be referred to as a ''B'' motor? thanks!
I can't see anything to suggest otherwise but never say definitely without a full serial number. And yes, 3408B starts at 67U11092.
If you've heard both engines running {PC or DI} you can tell just by the sound. PC's rattle. Truck Shop
67U16903
Look for a Data plate on the engine that wiil tell you which engine you have , no plate call Cat dealer and ask. Bob
67U16903. 3408B DITA. 475HP @ 2100rpm. Built July 1994. 4W-6310 LINES GP-FUEL INJECTION
THANK YOU ! as usual you are a tremendous help ! i appreciate your help!