Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

3408 generator end removal

sven_B ยท 2024-06-13 18:35

I am trying to separate the generator end from the 3408 engine, I get it about 1/4" and it stops there. It is skid mounted , all the rear mount bolts removed and the front engine mounts remain attached to skid. I have support under oil pan to keep it even with generator end. I removed all the outer bell housing bolts that. hold to the generator, and im wondering if there are any other bolts inside the cowl.I only have the industrial and marine service manual and no generator info there. its a 265 KW on a 99u series 3408

Replies6
  1. #1Coaldust2024-06-15 14:59

    Ever get it separated?

  2. #2Birken Vogt2024-06-15 15:06

    Pictures of what you are talking about?

  3. #3Jonas3022024-06-15 15:32

    There are going to be flywheel or flexplate bolts to take out that you will have to reach under some covers

  4. #4kshansen2024-06-15 18:43

    I was thinking that too. Something like the bolts that would hold a pressure plate to the flywheel in a truck engine. Maybe post the full S/N and one of us here might have more information to give.

  5. #5sven_B2024-06-17 06:28

    Finally got it it was a rusty bolt head to the pressure plate rusted so bad I did not see it.

  6. #6MarcusZ19672024-06-17 12:49

    It's usually those that bite ya.....