Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

345b excavator

tagaman ยท 2017-02-03 12:22

My 345b excavator cuts engine off when I try to operate implements at the same time traction is slow but engine runs perfectly

Replies19
  1. #1Bls repair2017-02-03 17:28

    Any excess smoke coming out exhaust , try changing fuel filter ,draining water separator.

  2. #2tagaman2017-02-04 00:22

    Bbbhhh

  3. #3tagaman2017-02-04 00:27

    Nope there's no ex cess black smoke and service was done Recently

  4. #4DEMLONE702017-02-04 10:41

    Whats sn ? Any fault code ?

  5. #5tagaman2017-02-04 11:07

    Unfortunately I can't tell because the cluster isn't working

  6. #6DEMLONE702017-02-04 11:11

    First thing to solve then

  7. #7koecon2017-02-05 11:42

    Have you tried the backup switches behind the arm rest to see if that makes a difference? Is the green LED on at the front of the machine controller next to the right front of the seat support?

  8. #8Marco olivetto2017-02-08 13:21

    Check diesel hoses. If there is no black smoke it can probably be fuel shortage.

  9. #9Marco olivetto2017-02-08 13:24

    Check the intake pressure sensor. The wrong dialing This sensor may cause problems.

  10. #10tagaman2017-02-09 01:48

    Good morning On this machine of mine the engine runs perfectly if not underror load but drags soon after incorporating hydraulicso.

  11. #11Nige2017-02-09 03:06

    I would say you are looking at a control issue in the hydraulic system that is not allowing the pump to de-stroke when hydraulic load is applied. That's what will drag the engine speed down.

  12. #12tagaman2017-02-10 02:49

    Good morning Nigeria So what can I basically look at that makes the pump to destroke considering that the cluster is not working and I am financially not stable. Help me to just bypass something and make the machine to dig Regards

  13. #13Delmer2017-02-10 09:02

    I'm no cat expert, but even a newer machine should have some visible smoke when it's being lugged down, right? If no smoke, then a turbo boost pressure test will give you some easy indication of engine power. I like the new hipster nickname, "White Nigeria", the senior cat expert.

  14. #14tagaman2017-02-10 09:10

    Is there any way of bypassing the hydraulic loom

  15. #15Nige2017-02-10 09:10

    If what I suspect is the problem is actually confirmed and you were to bypass something to prevent pump overloading lugging the engine down the machine would become so slow that although it would dig it would not produce anything because the hydraulics would have been slowed down to snail-speed. Unfortunately there are no short cuts here ...... As Delmer pointed out, if the hydraulics not being correctly unloaded was causing the engine RPM to lug down the presence of black smoke should accompany it. Does this happen..? If you are "financially not stable" as you put it, then IMHO you really shouldn't be running a machine of the size of a 345. (other opinions may on this may be available)

  16. #16tagaman2017-02-10 09:10

    Just to get this machine to dig

  17. #17Nige2017-02-10 09:14

    Is it black smoking from the exhaust when the RPM lugs down - yes or no..?

  18. #18tagaman2017-02-10 14:25

    Yes just a little bit

  19. #19tagaman2017-02-10 16:53

    Yes