Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

345bl

CatSkinner77V ยท 2009-08-19 19:54

how much would a 345BL wiegh with a 5 foot bucket? any guesstimations?

Replies3
  1. #1JimBruce422009-08-19 20:00

    Need to know a little more sir. Such as: boom and stick types? size counterweight? what type of undercarriage (variable vs. rigid) does it have? Does it have a quick coupler? Most 345's top out around 100,000 lbs... give er take a few thousand pounds.

  2. #2CatSkinner77V2009-08-19 20:03

    i don't know anything about it yet, just looking to buy one, wondered what they wiegh. Wondering if the trailer I haul my D8's legal on would handle it haha. guess not. What about a 330BL? know what they wiegh? around 30 tonnes right?

  3. #3JimBruce422009-08-19 20:48

    I'm not 100% sure. I think the b's were around 30-34 tons... Most 345 aren't gonna break 95,000 lbs, but it does depend on a lot of factors. If it's got a fixed undercarraige, standard boom, and a 12 foot stick, I'd speculate it weighing around 47 tons, but I don't have the info in front of me. Most 345's also have a counterweight removal device, and as long as you make sure the chains don't bind and or break, they are relatively easy to take off/put on. So long as you have a properly rated chain, level ground, and an impact wrench. That might help you get under you're taget weight.