Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

345bl wild throttle

rmllarue91 ยท 2019-08-26 22:05

Ags2426 series 2. throttleon monitor and machine ecm changes with dial. Ecm shows correct throttle percentage. Rpm changes have long delays rpm hunts in position 9 and 10 Steady codes for throttle dial signal abnormal and something like governor position signal abnormal. I have codes written down in my truck. I swapped throttle dial, speed sensor,and timing sensor with known good ones quick with no change. The back up switch control throttle perfectly. The weird parts is the machine controller recognizes the throttle pwm. And engine ecm displays right throttle percentage but the desired rpm won't change or hunts but once it's steady the actual rpms will match. Engine runs great at 2150 with back up switch. In normal it hunts from 1800 to 2100. Thanks for any thoughts machine has been like this for 6 months it's not huge but annoying.

Replies5
  1. #1heymccall2019-08-26 22:41

    Is it equipped with auxiliary hydraulics (digital display module under the air cleaner housing)?

  2. #2rmllarue912019-08-27 22:30

    Yes it is heymccall

  3. #3heymccall2019-08-27 23:02

    The darned epoxy shrinks,water gets in the circuitry, and then the throttle gets goofy. Funny thing is that the governor calibrate always passed regardless of how goofy the box was. The box relays the speed dial through itself, even when not utilizing the auxiliary hydraulics. For diagnosis purposes, the throttle intercept harness under the cab floor (above a darned crossmember) can be circumvented. Maybe someone on here knows the plugs better as it has been a long time since I had machines with that. The auxiliary controller under the air cleaner was $700 last time I bought one. They were so prone to water issues that I installed a rain shield over and around them. Basically a Tupperware container upside down. I do know that, if replacing one, you need to write down all the values for flow before removing it, so as to be able to load the new one. The throttle program was almost always a 10 for all four modes. And, +,+,-,-,+,- was the pass code to enter programming mode. And when I had 4 machines so equipped, I always carried one on the truck.

  4. #4heymccall2019-08-28 00:05

    Auxiliary controller under new part number. Still available. 313-6843: Controller $1100 If you're not utilizing the auxiliary hydraulics, you can just leave it bypassed.

  5. #5rmllarue912019-09-08 17:20

    It's got a hammer on it.... Thanks for really good info. I haven't been around machine lately I'll give update when. I get to it.