Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

350 john deere dozer tranny

tomcatoib ยท 2015-09-28 12:28

I have a 350 b loader can I drop the transmission out of the bottom or do I need to removed gas tank? Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1lantraxco2015-09-28 13:11

    The reverser, or the transmission, or both?

  2. #2tomcatoib2015-09-28 13:39

    It it the forward after about 30 mins it will start slipping.

  3. #3lantraxco2015-09-28 15:12

    The reverser then. The reverser should unbolt from the main transmission housing and it's probably easiest to pull it out the front with the engine. It's been thirty years so someone with more recent experience may have a better idea.

  4. #4tomcatoib2015-09-28 23:49

    Ok so how long do you think it should take for a good mechanic to do or about how much should it cost

  5. #5lantraxco2015-09-29 03:52

    It's been way too long, no clue on hours. Before you rip it apart, have you changed the fluid and filter, get some pressure checks done? Also, just because, have you checked the clutch pedal, linkage, and adjustment? I know you said forward, but it wouldn't hurt to check it, it's a dry clutch like a pickup would have I believe.

  6. #6tomcatoib2015-09-29 20:53

    Yea it is a dry clutch. Going to try and adjust the clutch first and see it that will help the problem