I just got a 359xp husky saw. Just curious will it make me a good logging saw. Were I'm from ( southwest Virginia) and eastern Kentucky area, trees really don't get over 40' inch much. I'm running a 20' bar an the saw runs great an screams like a raped ape. Is this a pretty good sized saw? I know its a 60cc
I'm no logger, but I'll throw my 2 cents in. I own a couple Stihls that same size, an old 034 super and a newer ms361. Both are around the 60 cc point. Both have been worked over and cranked up. Ported mufflers, shaved cylinders for high compression, and tach tuned running 24" bars and full skip chains. They rip for their size, but are nothing more than casual firewood saws as far as I'm concerned. Around here the smallest saw you'll ever see on the landing is an 044 Stihl/372 husky (or modern equiv) and most guys run 066/390, and they're just bucking soft wood. Greyson
The 359 is the smallest saw that Husqvarna calls a "professional" grade saw. It is much better built than most saws it's size, but it's still a little saw. If you mean production logging, like how many trees you cut determines if your family eats or not, no, it's not a felling saw. It's good on the deck, limbing and trimming loads. If you mean "logging" like cutting firewood and cleaning up around your place, sure, why not. It's a good saw, it just doesn't have the power of a 576xp and larger. Horsepower doesn't determine what you can do, it just determines how fast you can do it.