Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

36” ditching bucket – Wanted- Kentucky

farmboy555 · 2023-12-13 07:25

Looking for used 36” ditching-clean up bucket for my yanmar vio 35 with pin grabber 35-40mm pins. Located in Ky thanks

Replies10
  1. #1Willie B2023-12-13 08:21

    After looking for a couple years for one for my Case 580 Super N, I bought a new one from AMS attachments. I bought the bucket with a weld on cutting edge, but it arrived ready for a bolt on edge. It was obvious it wasn't heavy enough to work without, so I added the bolt on edge. All told I must have $2000 in it with tax & shipping.

  2. #2treemuncher2023-12-13 21:03

    There's a guy that sells buckets and attachments in Lone Oak (outskirts of Paducah). Some new, some used. He's across the street from the John Deere HE dealer. You might find his ads on Craigslist or FB Marketplace.

  3. #3Willie B2023-12-15 07:01

    I bought the AMS, it is large capacity, perfect for backfill. Yesterday we were electricians, not excavators. The excavator used a six ton New Holland excavator with a 36" toothless bucket. I was very surprised it has approximately half the volume of mine. Made the progress quite slow!

  4. #4Tinkerer2023-12-15 07:15

    If you already have a 36” bucket with teeth you could weld a cutting edge on it. You could use plain ole carbon steel flat stock, depending on how durable it needs to be.

  5. #5CM19952023-12-15 10:11

    If you buy a bucket that has side pin teeth all you have to do is weld a cutting edge to the 2 end teeth. That way if you need a tooth bucket knock the pins off the 2 outside and put 2 teeth back on. 36" on our 305. Just keep 2 extra teeth in the tool box on the machine.

  6. #6Willie B2023-12-15 19:24

    If I had only one bucket it'd be toothless. With a toothed bucket I can (with my machine) dig 50 feet of 46" deep ditch in an hour. Bedding the ditch, laying conduit, sand above & back filling the ditch is where it takes time. The wider toothless bucket is many times better suited to these chores.

  7. #7CM19952023-12-15 19:41

    WB what type of soil do you have up there? Between the clay, rock and chert we have down here you can't dig a trench without teeth. That edge on our 36" bucket is for curb backfill, subgrade prep and cleanup.

  8. #8Willie B2023-12-16 08:18

    Soil ranges from ultra fine sand at "The Land", to boulders at home. Everywhere else I seem to dig it might be very hard packed with football sized rocks in it, to loose gravel. I don't often put the toothed bucket on. Biggest value in the 2' wide toothed bucket is I can dig a ditch 2' wide at bottom. It means slightly less soil comes out to be piled along side of ditch. My theory is digging ditch is much faster than filling a ditch. Removing loose spoils from a lawn is a slow process. Restoring the lawn after removing those spoils takes most time. I experimented with a large number of pans made from cut in half 275 gallon oil tanks. I feel it saved restoration time. I would dig 10 feet at a time, place the spoils in the pans. After installing ten feet of conduit, & bedding it in sand I could lift a pan with chains at four corners, & dump them in the ditch. It saved raking time. I can restore a 4' wide ditch faster than a 20 foot wide mess where spoils were removed from the lawn.

  9. #9CM19952023-12-16 12:07

    WB might want to look at the trash pans they use for high rise building construction. Concrete forming company next to our yard has a couple. Might be the ticket for your spoils and they are designed to dump by cable.

  10. #10gwhammy2023-12-17 09:03

    With a pin grabber a lot of other buckets will work. I've got a cat bucket on my 9 ton, only had to change the back pin spacing.