looking to drop the oil pan and reseal it but was looking at it and it doesnt give you much room. has anyone had much luck doing this with out having to lift the motor up? thanks
What year is the engine? I'm asking because later models did not have the issues that earlier ones did. Prior to 2003, 60 Series were notorious for the bell-to-block seal failing. Looks like a leaky pan gasket, until you pull it off. I don't know anything about the machine you're referring to, but I know a fair bit about the 60 Series.
Shimmy, here is a link to the machine that Rob is talking about http://www.madillequipment.com/3800C-log-loader.php Rob, I believe that the engine has to come up a bit to get the pan out past the oil pickup. It has been a few years since I have done one and all of these machines are starting to look the same in my mind (the joys of getting old).
dont know the year off by hand just looking at it after i cleaned the engine up and it for sure looks like the pan is leaking i do know that the front cover has had issues with leaking in the past to.
Thanks, worn. I believe bell.to block issues were solved on the 14 L.