Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

385 monster

345cl ยท 2007-02-02 20:07

the 385 demo,,,im glad i finally got to see this all togther,,what a beast http://www.beelensloopwerken.nl

Replies10
  1. #1Countryboy2007-02-02 20:36

    Wow, thanks for the pics 345cl. :thumbsup On the fence in the last picture there is a web address that lets you view a live webcam of it doing its work. I thinks its sleeping right now though. :yup

  2. #2Cat-385BL2008-11-27 21:16

    WOW thats some machine!!! I do however got a question (I'm mildly interested in the heavy machinery, especially the Excavators.) I'm a Diecast model collector, Norscot, and Joal so..... However a new member, I can't make a thread just yet, however, tho, I do have a question...... Made by Cat, the B and the C model of any number Excavator, whats the difference between the 2 of them? For instance, the 385B and the 385C whats the difference, and or whats the 2 letters stand for?

  3. #3JimBruce422008-11-27 22:32

    B vs. C vs. D are series in the world of Cat excavators. Between teh b and c you have a newer engine and a countless other improvements in the cab, controls glass, etc. you get the idea... kind of like the difference between a Chevy S10 and a Chevy Colorado... same truck, just newer.:usa Model wise, norscot makes one in 1:64 scale (booo, should be 1:50 IMO )

  4. #4John C.2008-11-27 23:17

    A "C" model is the newer of the two machines and features an emissionized engine, new electronics package, some changes in basic layout and lots of changes to the hydraulic system. On the whole a "C" model is smoother to operate, more reliable in the electronics and hydraulics and less expensive to operate overall. The "D" model now out has about the same number of changes on the "C" as was done on the "B". I haven't seen many "D models" yet so I can't make any statements as to reliability. They are very smooth and easy to operate though. The electronics package uses the same type of coding system for maintenance and repair but is much more comprehensive. Technology marches on so the letters will get higher as time goes by.

  5. #5Cat-385BL2008-11-28 12:47

    Jim, I actually thought the B and C destinations were for the type Cat diesel installed into the machine! BUT, what you said makes sence, (I was merely taking a wild guess at it on what it truely ment as form in the machine itself. I appreciate all the respoces to help me understand alot better! THANKS! As for Norscot and the model of the Cat 385BL I've got one, hence my screen name. However, they have reoffered the newest C model of the 385, with metyal tracks so........At a much higher price then what I paid for my 385B model. Also, what does the "L" stand for in the mix of things as well?

  6. #6Cat-385BL2008-11-28 12:49

    John, Thanks. I appreciate the concerns of my questions. Please read my above posting to Jim, as theres few of other questions in it. Again, THANKS!

  7. #7stretch2008-11-28 13:47

    Some other designations: L or LC = Long Undercarriage ME = Mass Excavator LRD = Long-Reach Demolition UHD = Ultra-High Demolition And we expect pics of the models... Just post 'em down in the Models & Miniatures section.

  8. #8Cat-385BL2008-11-28 18:08

    Stretch, Thanks for the added destinations, I'm sure over time, I would have asked on the others as well. Once I get the 385BL model done, in 1/64th scale, I'll be sure to get some pictures of it online for everyone to see. (I want to make some other "tools" for it), without the quick coupler part on it so, will have to be done by removing the bolts I put in place of the rivets on the stick. Now, I just need to figure out how I can get a metal track replacement for those ugly rubber things that stand in for "tracks"

  9. #9JimBruce422008-11-29 21:09

    Your welcome Cat-385bL. I have the new 385c with metal tracks, it's nice looking, but I would still prefer it were in 1/50 scale.

  10. #10Cat-385BL2008-11-30 12:51

    Jim, If only I could find a set of metal tracks to go on my 1/64th 385, I'd have it made!