Is there a conversion kit to go from a 4 stick control to a 2 stick ? My 580 B has the 4 stick control and works ok but I am more used to the 2 control stick set up.
I built one once copying the geometry of an old one. If you don't have skill, or tooling, it'll be an expensive thing. Mine was three lever, foot swing. I couldn't get used to it. That tractor I swapped control tower from a donor tractor. Willie
I had a 580 D that was a 4 lever foot swing , I to was used to the 2 lever . A few years back i had ordered the whole 2 lever rack with tower from a wrecker yard . When I decided to install it I realized it was a huge job . From what I can recall the spool bank would have had to be split apart and move on spool bank from one side and swap for another one .The foot swing linkage was most of the problem .. This was quite awhile ago so I decided to work with the four lever and eventually got somewhat good at it
Thanks for your input, it's pretty much what I figured , I will just play with this till I get it down was just curious if anyone had tried to convert it.
I guess It's just what you're used to. I actually like the old 3 lever with foot swing better - maybe because I learned on one. What's the fourth lever? Extendahoe?
The K I had (have) was foot swing. Ks swing too fast now, and sometimes when I don't expect them to. It seemed that nothing I did smoothed out the foot swing. I wanted to control right swing with one foot, and found it necessary to oppose excessive swing with the other foot. As I was upgrading with another 580K I swapped dippers, and controls. Willie
My K has the 2 stick controls and uses the foot controls [normally for swing] for the extendahoe.
Me too now. Willie
Willie ; Is it possible the restrictors are missing in your swing cylinder oil circuits ? That would create a high speed swing situation.