Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4 Way Blade Adjustments

Girth_Brooks ยท 2023-07-24 13:16

We have a komatsu 65ex with 4 way blade and had the arm, with hoses, slip off a couple times before i got it tuned in. Should the 2 tie rods, from arm to back middle of blade, be pulling in to hold everything square or maybe relaxed. I feel like im missing something.

Replies8
  1. #1DanielB2023-07-25 20:19

    This sounds like your trunion ball is worn bad. If you take off the back cover or we call it the cap. is the ball still rounded. If it is more flat where it contacts the cap. You should either replace it. Or have it built back up with Weld. A then shim it where it will turn with little to no resistance.

  2. #2CM19952023-07-25 20:42

    Welcome to the Forums DB! Glad to have you.

  3. #3DanielB2023-07-25 21:19

    Thank you , Hopefully I can be some help to someone.

  4. #4Welder Dave2023-07-25 22:23

    It looks odd the arms bowing out instead of being straight.

  5. #5bam19682023-07-26 00:38

    Here is a page out of my D65 EX-12 manual.

  6. #6Girth_Brooks2023-07-26 17:38

    I have replaced the ball on each side few years ago and the caps. Its probably the arm side wore to **** the more i think

  7. #7Girth_Brooks2023-07-26 17:40

    Dude that is it! Big help. Exactly what i need. I have to link up with the komatsu rep and have him make me account for the manuals.

  8. #8bam19682023-07-26 23:07

    I have the whole D65 EX-12 manual right here on my computer. I would be more than happy to email it to you if I knew how to do it. Stuff like that gets over my head pretty fast.