Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4000 Transport with carbody/house

SOCALLOWBOY ยท 2009-12-09 20:02

One of Lampson's 4000 on a turntable

Replies3
  1. #1qball2009-12-10 18:50

    excellent picture of a great load.

  2. #2heavylift2009-12-10 19:04

    Nice load....what's the ground clearance..... They had crane like that stuck (high centered)across a major highway about 15 years ago... They were bootlegging it to the next job.... 3 axle tractor and trailer.... I think they may have got a ticket or 2... They had 2 oil field trucks trying to lift the trailer at first... then 2 real wreckers showed up to help.. After they unstuck it. It sat in an empty lot for a week.. then it disappeared... don't know why it set.. my guess would be for permits or a different trailer or jeep...

  3. #3monster truck2009-12-16 22:03

    Heavylift, that trailer has hydraulic towers on the jeep and dolly to raise and lower the deck. With the Cozad we had the deck would be three and a half feet off the ground with the towers all the way up and the trailer empty. Loaded with towers in the same position it would have less than one foot of clearance but the height would vary depending on weight and concentation of the load. I always ran with the trailer as close to the ground as I could get it and only raised it if I needed clearance.