Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410 john deere backhoe

mometal77 ยท 2018-03-24 05:25

I was wondering if anyone knew where to buy new bushings for this old 1982 machine. So far i rebuilt the engine and went through the hydraulic pump a few years ago and last summer ordered a new pump back east from a man for a quarter of the price. Now i am re lining the buckets and need new ID 1.5 inch bushings. From the rear bucket I am also looking for a cheap kit for the crowd cylinder over it leaks. JD wants almost 300 for one. And most of the parts they said cannot be found. I even called broken tractor and they said i was on my own or have a machinist make the pieces for me. I really need to replace all the bushings on the machine and go to the steel shop and they have 1.5 inch steel high stress bars can make pins but those bushings are hard to find. thanks rob

Replies2
  1. #1Delmer2018-03-24 12:18

    Hercules is a hydraulic seal place that you can order the seals from based on your old ones, or take the piston and gland into a local hydraulic shop and they'll match what they can and order the rest from hercules. If you go on jdparts.com and match up your actual seals AND the serial number breaks, AND the description of the cylinder style, you MIGHT be able to order a whole kit from hercules and get the right seals. Same thing for the bushings, but I don't know where the best place to buy generic bushings is.

  2. #2Theweldor2018-03-24 12:34

    I have bought inner races for needle bearings and used them for bushings on occasion. Can't always get the proper length but you can either double them up or shorten them if need be. There are alot of sizes to choose from and work well for a lot of uses. And they are harder than woodpecker lips. lol