Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

410 with 3′ bucket?

rrrr ยท 2013-12-09 06:01

Hello, I have been looking for a 710 for a while now and have been having a very hard time finding one, but, then I noticed that the 410's had almost 100hp, and wondered if I could get away with using a 3' bucket on the machine. The reason I am looking at 410s is because there are so many more around. I will be using the hoe for digging basements, land clearing, septics, etc.

Replies4
  1. #1Delmer2013-12-09 11:18

    Sure you can get away with it, at least for a while? I use a 30" bucket on a 610c (similar to the newer 410's) and it handles it fine. Works great with a 42" muck bucket too, in ditches and ponds of course, it will pull one huge pile of mud in front of that bucket. That being said, mine is only a little more than a hobby, no serious hours on either bucket.

  2. #2stumpjumper832013-12-09 14:27

    You should be fine. Just be carefull when your out over the side, might have to leave the stick in.

  3. #3dodgedad2013-12-09 18:48

    You should have no problem at all , i have been using a 36 inch bucket on my 410 heavy lift for digging out gravel and have the extahoe out for piling and it isnt a problem at all

  4. #4norite2013-12-11 01:40

    I think the 710's are too big for the majority of tlb work. A rt loader and an excavator are both better performing options in a machine that size, unless you absolutely need it all in one machine, imho.