Anyone had issues with no brake lights in these machines? It’s a 2018 410L No power at bulb sockets,can’t seem to find fuse for brake lights? Just wonder is next step to apart steering column and test brake light switch?(only way in) Any help/ideas appreciated thanks
Welcome to HEF Demack ! Machine serial number? Codes? No fuse for the brake lights. Brake light pressure switches supply a signal to the VCU, then the VCU supplies the voltage to the brake lights. You can test the brake light switch signal in the monitor. Ignition on. Press and hold the menu button until the display says SERVICE MENU. Then scroll to diagnostics, press select. Scroll to electrical (or electrical/lights, I can't remember specifically), press select. Scroll to Lights, press select. Scroll to Brake Light Switch, press select. Now you can press on the brake pedal and watch to see if the signal changes in the monitor.
Thank you for the warm welcoming and speedy response, s/n 1TO410LXEJD329162 I will do on board test and double check for codes on tues. When back on site. I also think I hear some fluid circulating at foot valve when I do push on and off the brake pedals? Wondering if fluid is no reaching brakes switches? Trans fluid is full, I have “primed” brake reservoir by using steering wheel method so I know there is ample fluid at foot valve. But anyways thank you and I’ll check comp. and keep ya posted
Ok so…. Checked on board comp. no codes are present. Did a test for brake light thru the on board comp and no activity when I hit the brake pedal. Switch continues to say off. So I would assume switch is not working properly? Guess I’ll be taking apart column and replacing (Probaly both of them to be safe)my dealer had offered me some pig tails that plug into brake switch? Ever heard or seen this before? Just curious if the switches are different from oem or is the oem plugs defective?
It is possible. The switches have been updated multiple times and it did require a different plug at one of those updates, I just don't remember which one.
Perfect thank you!
Brake lights switches!!! Thank you for your help/advise mg2361