Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

416C

christian stoaks · 2019-08-20 15:20

Replaced shift lever boot and O-Ring and gasket. Bolted back into place easily but the shifter is stuck in 4th gear. Did I do something wrong or is there a specific way to put it in?

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2019-08-20 16:10

    Yup. Just as with any manual transmission, the rails must be centered (they're detected, so if you were in neutral, they'll stay), and the lever end must be inserted in the rail slots. My guess...you missed the slots, and, once assembled, you pushed a fork into 4th. Remove cover again, manually (big screwdriver) push all forks to neutral, then, ensure lever end goes in fork slots, not next to them.

  2. #2laycobeau2019-08-20 16:33
  3. #3christian stoaks2019-08-20 18:22

    Thank you. I assumed that’s what needed to be done. I’ll try tomorrow!

  4. #4heymccall2019-08-20 19:26

    It says "detected" up there when it should say "detented ". Damned autocorrect