Have fuel leaking from throttle shaft seal. Can a new seal be installed without pulling the pump? Thanks in advance for any help.
Need a machine Serial Number to go chasing parts.
Also does anyone know what the engines base model is? 4-107 or ?
It appears as though there are no serviceable parts sold by Cat for the fuel injection pump. I have attached the parts breakdown such as it is. You need input from one of the forum's fuel injection specialists like @thepumpguysc Hopefully he will see this and respond.
I REFUSE to open any thread that doesn’t put “a problem” in their header.. I just happen to have a few precious minutes to myself this morning.. It CAN BE FIXED without removing the pump, BUT.. u won’t find anyone that has the experience to do so, UNLESS, u find someone that works at a fuel shop that has experience with the Delphi DP200/210 top covers.. It’s NOT LIKE the DPA pump we all know and love.. Once u lift that top cover, u throw an adjustment out of kilter..& U HAVE TO KNOW how to realign it.. So your best bet is to remove the pump..& it’s a SOB.!!
There speaks the voice of experience.........
Believe me, if it was doable, I’d tell ya.. & 99% of the top cover leaks won’t be fixed with a new oring.
It did cross my mind why Cat didn't offer any piece parts for that injection pump. Now it appears as though I have the answer.............
Thanks for your answers, gives me a direction to go now. Anyone have a link to the proper Perkins service manual,
FYI.. it’s a Delphi inj pump..& there’s a name plate on the side of it with the p# of the pump..starts w an 82 or 89.. Most fuel shops will want that #.. Good luck