Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

430 bobcat-135 takeuchi,buying used

pw58 ยท 2010-04-11 19:36

I'm on a limited budget-20k.I'm looking for an 8000# machine for moving rip rap along the shore of our lake.Last year I rented a tak 135,and it performed flawlessly.Now I'm in the market for one I checked on line,I know I want a cab and thumb,the local market has a used tak135 rental,3600 hrs ,cab,ac,no thumb,$18500 cdn.Down south 1800 miles away a bobcat 430,cab,.2500hrs,with thumb,2 buckets,new tracks,$18500 us,$2200 shipping.I'm leaning towards the tak135,I know what it is capable of.Any feedback is welcome.

Replies8
  1. #1bpogue2010-04-11 22:15

    A few years ago I was trying to find an 11,000 pound machine and tried both the TB145 and Bobcat 435. In my opinion, the Takeuchi was hands down the better machine. The controls were so smooth and it had more usable power. I bought the TB145 and have never been disappointed. I have used a TB135 a couple times and was happy with it too.

  2. #2KSSS2010-04-12 23:58

    I have had two Tak excavators a TB53FR and currently a TB153FR. I really like them. I think those prices are high for the hours those machines have.

  3. #3pw582010-04-13 15:32

    My brother inlaw works at a bobcat dealer,He phoned yesterday to inform me that they have a 2000hr 331 for sale.It has the important stuff,caband thumb for $19000.Anybody have any thoughts,last bobcat I worked on was a 301 and a final drive piled up.I was also curious as to why,machines around #8000 vary so much in HP,tak135-27HP,bobcat 331 40HP.The tak I rented was excellent power,so does that mean the bobcat burn 1/3 more fuel or 1/3 more lifting capacity?

  4. #4lectro882010-04-13 22:21

    machines around #8000 vary so much in HP,tak135-27HP,bobcat 331 40HP.The tak I rented was excellent power,so does that mean the bobcat burn 1/3 more fuel or 1/3 more lifting capacity?[/QUOTE] Don't think so. I saved tak 135 specs. and compared BC-331 specs from several sites, but didn't find fuel consumption for 331 tak dig force 8422 / 331=6866 & 7892 tak arm dig force 3536 / 331=3841 tak uses 1 gal per hr @ 65% Now I have "heard" for what its worth BC likes its fuel alot. but 27hp vs 40hp surely consumes more, maybe others can give more info. I've put 80hrs on my 135 and used about 40-50 gal thats being generous. 3-4 fill-ups maybe. I rarely run full throttle I don't need it, it does way more than I need at half throttle or less, and before I hear why ? not efficient unless 100% throttle. I pay for machine and parts. I run it as I see fit and what I need, not what others think I need. If you want to run wide open for the man or yourself run wide open, I'm giving owner / operator 1st. hand facts of my experience and machine.

  5. #5Excavator7592010-04-14 00:14

    i think those prices are high for the amount of hours also. i have owned 2 bobcat 430s. the one i currently own is a 2007 i bought new and i have had many problems. now that the bugs are worked out if it its not a bad machine. it has a lot of fitment/quality issues. why should i have to put the door seal on every time i open and close the door? the radio only works when i have the sefety up, just things like that. and yes the bobcat having more Hp does use more fuel. i have never had a Tak but from what i hear and the ones i have seen i would say try one. the ONLY reason i bought a bobcat is because of the various attachments i can rent from the dealer pretty much anywhere you go.

  6. #6KSSS2010-04-14 01:45

    I don't get too wrapped up in how much hp a mini ex makes. Comparing dig forces has value. How the machine arranges and configures its pumps as well as the type of pumps dictates how much power it needs. I will say that the TK machines seem lower in available gpm flow at the aux. hyd. That kinda sucks if you want to run a mulcher or hoe pac. It is really the only downfall of these machines that I have found in how they perform. The interior in my 100 series machine could be better, the AC is an issue, but it flat out digs and is very productive.

  7. #7Komatsu 1502010-04-14 09:30

    Unless it was on a long term lease with a good company a rental machine with 3600 hours would be scary unless the store is really really good about service. Machines on day rental get pretty beat up. Machines rented a week at a time are even worse - the only time they get greased is when they go back to the store.

  8. #8lectro882010-04-15 21:27

    pw58 did you get my personal message ?