Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

430 Case skid steer info

Firescooby ยท 2021-10-03 17:02

Can anyone give me any info or guidance on a Case 430 skid steer? I've been looking for a skid steer to use for general things around property, etc. It's got 570 hours. It was used by a tree service. Do these still use a Cummins? If not, how reliable are the motors? Are there any troublesome areas? Thanks in advance

Replies6
  1. #1jacobd2021-10-03 23:05

    The Case 430 and 440 are the all time best wheeled skid steers ever made. They use Case/Iveco 445/m2 and 445t/m2 engines respectively. These engines are essentially a Cummins ISB 4.5 or QSB 4.5 block and rotating group fitted with an old fashioned mechanical injection system instead of a modern high pressure common rail system. The rest of the machine is what you would expect from Case. Sauer-Danfoss pumps, Rexroth motors, Case frame, etc etc. In my experience tree companies are just about the most gentle users of skid steers out there. I would jump on it if it's reasonably priced.

  2. #2Firescooby2021-10-03 23:21

    He's asking $20,000. Comes with smooth bucket, not grapple Here's some pictures

  3. #3jacobd2021-10-04 11:45

    Looks good from here. Personally I wouldn't pay a dollar over $15,000 for it but your valuation may be different.

  4. #4KSSS2021-10-04 18:57

    They are good machines, the 440 especially in my opinion, but 20K is a lot, even for low hours. I would imagine the sellers point would be to find another with under 1000 hours, which is a legit point to make. However no cab, 430 instead of a 440 and not being a Series 3 with pilots, but servo's (which are really good but not as nice as pilots) would make it hard to pay 20K for me.

  5. #5Firescooby2021-10-04 20:09

    Thanks everyone for the help. It's also almost 4 hours away which I don't like either.

  6. #6Steve Favia2021-10-04 20:49

    We had a 430 at the company I worked for, it was a rental unit through Mcann it had 400 hrs on it when we got it,had no trouble with it great skid steer.