Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4370 Massey

southernman13 ยท 2024-06-15 08:58

Gonna look at one. It has intermittent trans issue. Randomly has an error message and throws it into neutral. Shut it off restart and continue on like nothing happened. May do it every 3 days or every 3 hrs. Any idea? All trans pressure check out hydraulically. No grinding gears etc

Replies4
  1. #1southernman132024-06-15 08:58

    12 speed synchro shift

  2. #2thendrix2024-07-01 11:20

    I believe you should see what the code is and what part it pertains to and check for loose or skinned wires. Could be a this touches that or moves this way. Would explain the intermittent part of it. Check grounds too

  3. #3southernman132024-07-01 11:50

    I appreciate the reply. However someone else bought it hehe. I figured it could be something simple.

  4. #4Cliffy2024-07-02 06:56

    Most of the issues i found with the old girls where ground and corroded wiring related. Clutch switch and shuttle lever also gave problems.