Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

444j

tan2001 ยท 2013-01-29 20:13

My husband has a 444J loader serial # 002634CD. I need to know the year it was made. Can anyone help?

Replies5
  1. #1blowerman2013-01-31 20:24

    Have you checked the local dealer?

  2. #2tan20012013-01-31 20:54

    Yes, dealer said it didn't exist.

  3. #3cutting edge2013-02-01 08:22

    The dealer said that because that is not the serial number. It should look like this DW444JZXXXXXX or DW444JPXXXXXX The number you gave us it part of the engine ID code

  4. #4DGODGR2013-02-01 22:25

    X2. My 544J s/n begins DW544JZXXXXXX. I believe the designation P or Z is tied to the loader arrangement. Z for Z-bar, and P for Powerllel. If you can't see the s/n on the badge I would look at the top frame section on the center hinge. It is punched into the frame at that location.

  5. #5ANDREW C2013-02-02 23:41

    That serial number kind of doesnt make sense if it was the engine that was shipped in the machine. That 4045 was manufactures April 2012 but I don't think the j loaders were made into 2012. Have a look under the cab on the frame behind the steps for the correct serial number.