Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4500 industrial transmission

f4500chuck ยท 2023-09-02 14:37

i have a 1975 4500 industrial, it may be another model, like 3500 or 4100, parts don't always match up, and I cannot find a serial number, anyway, it has the power reversing 4 speed in it, I do not use it enough to actually need the shuttle shift, and would like to put a manual gear transmission and a clutch in it. is it possible if I could find a 4 or 8 speed to swap. without the PTO. i have a 9 foot Bobcat backhoe bolted on the back what do ya think.

Replies6
  1. #1crane operator2023-09-02 18:17

    1971 Ford 4500 transmission swap Just curious if anyone has swapped out the 4500 4x4 torque converter transmission for a manual 6x2 transmission out of a 1972 Ford 4000. The 4x4 trans doesn't work to good for me as I have to drive it between farms, and the hills makes the trans temp light come on making for slow trips. I... HeavyEquipmentForums

  2. #2Check Break2023-09-03 01:17

    You don't want a 4spd but an 8 will do fine. When you find one, make sure you get the flywheel and clutch that were in front of that transmission. Make sure the output shaft and pinion are compatible.

  3. #3berky2023-09-03 06:14

    Ford also made a 10 speed. Six forward and four reverse ranges. Had one in a 4500 and it was a beast in that lowest range. They were rare but can be found.

  4. #4f4500chuck2023-09-03 12:38

    Thanks

  5. #5f4500chuck2023-09-03 12:39

    Thanks on that

  6. #6f4500chuck2023-09-05 19:36

    Found an 8 speed out of a 4400? Can I put another output shaft on it if not comparable? Clutch pressure plate and flywheel not with it. $200.00