Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450C Blade Extension Modifications

Metalman 55 ยท 2021-01-05 14:50

When I purchased this old 450C about 9 months ago, it came with a home made blade extension, made by a previous owner, liked the idea only it was poorly constructed. Seems the Case 450C blades are quite low in overall height in my opinion, which promotes material spillage over the top. So, I cut the old one off & installed this new & improved version & added some pull points while I was at it. The new extension is about an 1" higher than the previous one. It leans ahead at a 10 deg angle to sort of match the curve of the blade. Now to get it painted up one day soon!

Replies3
  1. #1sled dog2021-01-05 14:54

    Nice work. Looks heller stout!!!

  2. #2Syleng12021-01-11 22:18

    I love the tie down points. Those will be a big help for trailering.

  3. #3Metalman 552021-04-06 17:25

    Nice day today & finally got some paint splashed on the blade modifications that I did a few months back!!