Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

450J speed sensor issues

Matt2ol · 2014-07-31 08:52

Working on a 450J that will randomly track hard left. Kinda scary loading onto trailers as the problem is very intermittent. I have a service manual on order and two speed sensors in the shop but I don't want to install them until I test the old ones and maybe do some continuity tests on the harnesses. Trying to rap this project up quickly so if someone can chime in before the manual comes in I would appreciate it. The TCU is showing me F382 F373 F321 and F324. I know the two are for the two speed sensors but not sure what the 321 and 324 are for. I have not had a chance to check Lmtr and Rmtr while the problem is happening yet. Any suggestions before I put $600 into the machine if it is not going to resolve the problem?

Replies5
  1. #1HDMRice2014-07-31 09:06

    F321 - TCU Volts too low F324 - TCU Volts too high F373 - Left Sensor no response F382 - Right Sensor Signal Open These must be stored codes? I would determine how recent they happened. You should be able to press 'select' again when looking at the code to have it display the occurances and hours they happened. Then I would follow the newest code and resolve it first.

  2. #2Matt2ol2014-07-31 09:43

    Checked into the TCU and I can only get occurences of each code not when they happened. F382 150 times, F373 35 times, F324 16 times and F321 2 times. So obviously F382 is happening frequently but can I start to test my right sensor and associated wiring before I throw a new sensor in?

  3. #3Matt2ol2014-08-18 14:49

    Trying to revive this thread. Talked to the service manager at local shop and he said without a doubt to change my right speed sensor so I did. Operator came back from a job today and said that it was tracking hard left randomly again. Checked TCU and it showed F382 again. Do I start checking wiring harness now?

  4. #4Dacyn06072025-03-20 14:55

    I’ve changed Tcm, both speed sensors and checked wiring and still getting the f382 code

  5. #5mg23612025-03-21 05:05

    Welcome to HEF Dacyn0607 ! Machine's complete serial number? Backprobe the T03 Blue wire at the speed sensor. What voltage do you have? Do the same with the Z02 Gray wire and the T19 Blue wire and post those voltages. You should have also started a new thread rather than resurrecting an old thread.