Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

460 TIMBERJACK SKIDDER

Eric Dove · 2021-05-23 18:36

Need help finding out why my 460 timberjack skidder blows a transmission fuse when put into gear.

Replies4
  1. #1Mike L2021-05-23 18:52

    Sounds like a short to ground. Is it any gear or just for or just reverse? I’ll bet if you visually inspect the harness you’ll find it chafed on the frame somewhere. If not I would unplug solenoids and figure out which one is shorting out.

  2. #2Eric Dove2021-05-30 13:14

    It’s just when you put in into reverse. I replaced the solenoids and it’s still doing it

  3. #3Mike L2021-05-31 11:33

    So you’ve got a short going to the reverse solenoid. At this point I’ll bet that a visual inspection of the harness will show a bare wire touching metal somewhere.

  4. #4Eric Dove2021-06-05 21:41

    Thank you. It was a wire shortage on the back of the motor. Thanks so much for the tip. May god bless you