I've read 2 different was of splitting a 480bck The one I am working on has a split between the 4 speed and the shuttle transmission, I have the long bellhousing that contains the shuttle transmission is it possible to separate it there, or should I separate at the bellhousing? No backhoe, has r.o.p. & front loader, what is the easiest way to do this.
Split it between the four speed transaxle and the shuttle torque tube housing. The shuttle gear assembly is at that end. Now if you're wanting to do the clutch then you need to split it at bell housing.
Steve voss: 480bck tractor split, Is it better to remove 3 point assembly, 2 front bolts on the R.O.P. Back loader arms attached to the rear axle Then roll the back of the tractor backwards a bit... Or should I remove loader arms, hydraulic supply/return, the 4 bolts mounted to radiator. The last question I have is will the feul tank raise high enough to remove the shift assembly off of the 1st transmission, the cross over tube on the loader looks like it prevents the feul tank from lifting out completely. 2nd option bell housing from engine and roll back, clutch is good!
Remove 3 point hitch and ROPS along with bracket that holds 3 point hitch. Put jack stands under loader frame, place bottle jack under torque tube and floor jack under transaxle.
thank you for the info, and steering me i the right direction, it is appreciated