Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

4N Grouser bars

TomMcI · 2018-02-23 12:28

Anyone use grouser bars for worn bulldozer tracks? http://www.4ncorp.com/products/heat-treated-grouser-bars/

Replies7
  1. #1Nige2018-02-23 14:10

    Based on personal experience the only grouser bar I'd consider is Dura-Tuff, but only if the economics worked out compared to the cost of new track shoes. Some site conditions it just isn't worth it. http://www.duratuff.com/

  2. #2TomMcI2018-02-23 14:26

    Ive heard of them. We always use 4N Corporation's bars. http://www.4ncorp.com/

  3. #3Bls repair2018-02-23 19:04

    I’ve been working with heavy equipment for over fifty years and never saw any one use weld on grousers.

  4. #4farmerlund2018-02-23 19:23

    I used the Dura tuff ones on a D8H a few years ago. they work very well. MY machine had really good rails with wore grouser pads. It was around $5000 to replace pads. The weld on bars cost $800-900. Did the welding myself during the winter. was a good option for me.

  5. #5Birken Vogt2018-02-23 20:56

    Spam?

  6. #6Ronsii2018-02-23 21:04

    ^^ Definitely

  7. #7digger242j2018-02-23 22:51

    Given that your email address belongs to the company, I'd imagine that's true. Maybe a better question would be whether it's a better marketing approach to follow the forum rules and "create one introductory post or thread", rather than cross posting in more than one section, and posting some bull**** poll question figuring that the potential customers you're trying to reach are too stupid to see through it. Credibility and integrity count for a lot here.