I have a 5.9 Cummins diesel and I took the front timing gear housing cover off to replace the power steering pump and I just set the bolts in a pile like I usually do and going back together. I’m having a bit of trouble finding where two little bit longer ones go. They are something like 3/8 of an inch longer than the rest of the ones does anybody have a diagram of where these bolts should go? Here’s a picture of them.
Did you remove the killer dowel pin, or has it already fallen out of the cover? You know, the one that falls out and jams betwixt the cam gear and the front cover?
Yes, I addressed the Dow pin by painting the aluminum around it so that it couldn’t walk out of the hole fortunately, it didn’t fall out before this, but we just went ahead and shortened them two bolts that were a little longer with a cut off wheel and put it together and it’s doing good now