Hello out there, my name is Jeremiah. I recently bought a 50' boom truck and am trying to figure out how to bid tree trimming/ removal jobs. Any help would me appreciated
Do you have experience working with tree's? Need some more info on your background and experience. In the crane forum there have been some serious incidents involving tree removal mentioned. There is a tree care and removal contractor too. It's not something you go into without experience.
I've been a landscape installer/ general contractor for 26+years, before that I Had worked for three different tree companies. I have just never owed any specialty/specific type of equipment. I would just bid 150hr like I would my excavator, but I can't even find anything like this at the rental places near me.
I'd bid by the job when possible and try to estimate how long it will take. Some jobs would be better by the hour. It's not much different than an owner/operator. You have special equipment and experience so charge similar to your excavator. I wouldn't charge a bunch more just because you can't rent a similar truck. The reason you can't rent a boom truck to just anybody is because it's a serious safety risk.