I just wanted to pass this on - A few weeks ago I called Minnpar http://www.minnpar.com/ looking for some seals & such for my old [62] Trojan 114. I really expected the partsman to laugh when I gave him my list. He had three on the shelf, and spec'd out the other two. The box came yesterday, ups. Two were installed today in the drop box, no more leaky output shaft there. The other 3 go in the steering motor. Priceless.
Thanks for the parts tip. I'm in Fairbanks, Alaska, have an old Trojan wheel loader ('52 - '62) or so. I just put a new International engine in, but can't seem to get the oil cooler hoses hooked up to the transmission just right. Gypo mechanic hooked both oil cooler hoses to the same outlet. When it runs 1/2 hour it seems to build up pressure and oil runs out the breather. This can't be right? I don't know where to hook them. Any suggestions? Do you know of a book that shows how the hoses hook up to the transmission?
Do you know what model loader it is? The book on my 114 shows three hoses, one goes to the oil cooler, the 2nd is a bypass and ports back into the transmission not far from where it came out. I can try to scan this page, I don't know how it'll come out, as the book is stapled together.
Don't know the model - will find out if I can. I'd love to see the scanned page! Don't see it here on the reply. Do you need my email?
Your photo looks just like my loader, but I can't enlarge your img to be sure. I just found this site yesterday and am still on probation - don't know my way around well.
Can anyone tell me how I post a new thread? I am new here.
' Scanner - I'll have to work on this. Mercon, I think you need 5 posts before you can start a new thread.
Thank you. That's 2
I got to Jr. member after three posts.
See if this scan will work, I can't get it any clearer.
This is exactly what I need! However, I can't read the numbers or words. Too blurry. Very frustrating. A printed copy was even worse. Arghhhhh!!! If you could copy the page (if that is clearer), you could mail the page to me, Al Hagen, P.O. Box 53, Manley Hot Springs, Alaska, 99756?
It won't scan any better Al, as the book can't lay flat on the scanner. I got it here http://www.tractorparts.com/misc.htm The book is worth its weight in gold, there's info in there I wouldn't have found [until something broke]
Thank you so much. What is your book called (maybe a parts number for the book? Title?), so I can buy one from tractorparts.com? I have a parts manual but it is military and the page you sent is not in it.
It's # TB044 Parts manual & operating instructions for Model 114. They may have others too, the model # of the machine is up on the right side of the op. seat, on a metal plate?
Thanks. My Trojan is a Model 124A 1965 vintage. The military manual with it says it's a "shovel loader" but it looks just like your photo. I use it with my sawmill, and generally around the place. Looked up Kent, CT. I'm originally from northern Vermont, so appreciate your part of the country.
Mine is mostly sawmill duty too - I need to make up a top clamp bar for the forks, would make moving slipery logs a lot easier. Last year I made up a quick change adapter to go from bucket to forks in about a minute. I really like this old machine - No metrics, no computor chips, fancy microswitches, etc.
I just acquired a Trojan 114 myself and am hoping to fire it up this week and get it off of the guys property. I am guessing it has an inline 6-53 Detroit and was wondering the voltage and polarity of this machine to save some time. Its looks to have a generator on it, charging device looks a bit archaic to be an alternator. Judging from the posts here, I am hoping I'm in the correct spot for some information. Thanks in advance for any information. I have some pictures but probably not enough posts as of yet to share them.
Goose - I think you need 3 posts to start your own thread here, they do that to limit spammers. You can do pics too. My 114 has a Cummins in it, done by the state of NY some years back when this loader was part of their park & rec dept. This place http://www.tractorparts.com/misc.htm has reprint manuals for the 114, if you're going to work on it & keep it, the manual is 'priceless' as they say -
I just put a deposit down on a trojan 124A and need some info on parts. Specifically right now my concern is getting the hydraulic brakes working and then maybe a replacement gas tank cause the owner rigged a new one on the hood.
You can try Bill Shea at Deluxe Machine & Tool Co. 8825 Alexander Rd, Batavia, NY 14020 Phone : (585) 343-2284 They have a pretty large inventory of parts as Trojans were built in Batavia. As far as the brakes go, master cylinders, wheel cylinders and brake shoes can usually be matched up at at an auto parts store.