Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

5000$ loader

alexis.marcil ยท 2011-05-20 22:22

Hello, I've got to say: I know nothing about loader! I'm just curious. At the auction, we see a lot of loader for sale for around 5K$. In the classified adds, even the 1960s loader are around 20K$... is there something special to check on an old loader? What could justify these prices? Is it worth it to buy an old loader or are there lots of expensive parts to fix? Just looking for something to use around my farm... thanks Alexis

Replies1
  1. #1Mike Van2011-05-24 18:33

    I've just started shopping for one down around Ct, 4 to 5 thousand is abour entry level pricing from what I've found. For that, you get one with some "issues" Up around 10 thousand, they seem a little less beat. I want one for my sawmill/firewood operation, mostly will be used with forks. But, last winter, I sure could have used one to push snow piles back.