Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

5030 engine tools 324j

Rajin Canajin · 2025-01-07 20:29

Have a crank seal on pulley side leaking. Wondering if there is a tool required to install? Looked at a bunch of websites but can’t seem to come up with a tool number which makes me wonder if there is even one. Anyone have any answers? Greatly appreciated. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1Simon C2025-01-07 21:10

    Post your machines serial number, for an exact idea of what it is. Someone may be able to help. Simon C

  2. #2Rajin Canajin2025-01-07 22:54

    I don’t have a serial number for the machine at the moment but the engine family is 5030hf286 if that helps.

  3. #3mg23612025-01-08 05:17

    There is a tool for that. However, if you measure the depth of the original seal, you could install it with a home made driver to the proper depth. If you have the timing gear cover off, then the tool is needed because it also aligns the cover to the crank when installing the cover. Make sure to get a new crank pulley bolt. It is a torque turn bolt and can only be used once. JDG1660

  4. #4Rajin Canajin2025-01-08 07:34

    Hey thanks for the help. This is great. I’m going to “assume” I might have to pin the motor to get the right torque on the bolt which I of course also do not have. We are considering the jal test? Or customer service advisor, there is just too many pieces in the fleet of both ag truck and construction that not having access to something is just not going to work for us moving forward. I don’t have the cover off. I am debating at this point about doing so. Also got made fun of because of my gasket maker I use which is the red loctite gasket sealer as opposed to everyone saying the “right stuf” is the way to go. They say I am showing my age when i use it. It’s never failed before.

  5. #5mg23612025-01-08 11:51

    Yep

  6. #6Rajin Canajin2025-01-09 07:37

    And…..what are the chances of getting a little info on torque values lol. I wish there was a way to “reward” those that help us. I’ve tried those other sites where you pay money for info only to either get a non answer and info that is incorrect. I don’t drink anymore but I’d buy ya a beer. Or 10.

  7. #7mg23612025-01-09 11:55

    Lubricate the screw. Torque to 74 ft lbs (100 Nm). Loosen. Torque to 37 ft lbs (50 Nm). Then turn 90*. Check your messages.

  8. #8Vetech632025-01-09 12:03

    Drink those 10 beers, buy another engine of a different design, then pull yours and use it as a boat anchor. Everyone wins!