Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

5030 engine turning tool

Rajin Canajin · 2025-03-24 20:55

I was wondering what the John Deere engine turning tool number was. I think the pin is jdg1571. Not sure about the actual spinny spin. Looking at ones from Tillman or Hjv but not sure. Thanks for the help guys.

Replies8
  1. #1Diesel Dave2025-03-24 21:19

    What are you doing that requires the turning tool ? The pin is JDE81-4 . The turning tool is JDG1704, requires removing starter. .

  2. #2Tenwheeler2025-03-24 21:23

    I do not know what you are doing and about the 5030. However many engines can be turned with a 15/16 socket on the alternator pulley while pushing on the belt.

  3. #3mg23612025-03-25 04:59

    If you have access, you can turn the engine from the front crank pulley's center bolt.

  4. #4Rajin Canajin2025-03-25 09:03

    I wanted an excuse to buy a tool but I’m locking it up to do a crank seal on the timing cover. Have to tie up pulley after. Wanted the pin and tool to add to the collection of one time uses.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2025-03-26 22:11

    Well u definitely have the right engine manufacturer for that.. There’s 3 or 4 different engine turning tools that JD came out with starting way back.. & don’t get me started on timing pins..

  6. #6Rajin Canajin2025-03-26 22:41

    Yes I’ve noticed quite a few. I was thinking why not just a bolt. But then that would lose its coolness factor.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2025-03-26 23:03

    Back end of a drill bit is what most “home owners” use..

  8. #8Rajin Canajin2025-03-26 23:11

    Yea that would work. Doesn’t have to be fancy. I just need to lock the engine.