Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

50d slower tracks on one side

TIredoldparts ยท 2022-06-29 19:51

so my 50d is slower on the right side when tracking, doesn't matter when in hi low speed. how do I check pressures on this? I have the manual, but all it shows is how to take apart and put together stuff. I don't see any pressure valves anywhere that pertains to them. looks like it has both original track motors. around 7500 hrs on it. thanks.

Replies15
  1. #1uffex2022-06-30 04:05

    Good day Sorry I cannot reconise which machine is the subject of your thread, manuals are large and heavy to post but if you can lodge yours on a "Google" drive and post the link we can maybe steer you in the direction of a fix. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2TIredoldparts2022-06-30 08:10

    its a John Deere 50Dx244887

  3. #3uffex2022-06-30 14:27

    Good day The file to help is too large to post here but if you click the link you can download and read at your leisure, it should give you a good idea what to check. Lifting a track and measuring the rotation speed is also to be recommended. You may also try bottoming out your bucket cylinder while travelling. This can reveal which area is at fault. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dAKfSkpG6NWnP2R8v48qJa3VCOCDOwrk/view?usp=sharing Kind regards Uffex

  4. #4TIredoldparts2022-06-30 20:36

    ok thanks, what am I looking for when the bucket cylinder bottoms out while traveling?

  5. #5uffex2022-07-01 03:39

    Good day If the machine straightens out and slows down that is normal we can then eliminate the motor and central joint as suspect components. If the machine continues to crab crawl we must include those components as suspect, test both forwards and backwards, a machine that only crabs around in one direction makes the central joint less suspect. I hope this helps you out. Kind regards Uffex

  6. #6TIredoldparts2022-07-01 19:13

    it does slow down moving when the boom or bucket is moved. I guess I need to T into the bucket and boom hydraulics and check the pump pressures somehow.

  7. #7uffex2022-07-02 04:03

    good day Old parts I suggest that is unnecessary at this point, why I ask that you dead end the cylinder is to activate a straight line crawling valve, this will automatically use just one pump for both tracks. If the machine pulls a more or less straight line we can say that the issue is not with the motors or the central joint. Often the central joint (Passage) is condemned for no reason other than guess work. If you study the central joint you will see that the ports to each motor are separated. This is why we ask if the slow track is evident in both forwards direction and reverse. Removing and resealing the joint is not a small job, haveing worked for twenty years for an outfit that did not install seals on the joint I never condemn easily. Those machines had enough power in the tracks you did not need the aid of the equipment to turn and I never replaced one joint. Attached a couple of informations that may help you. Kind regards Uffex

  8. #8TIredoldparts2022-07-05 21:49

    I'm thinking my next move is to open up the top of the foot pedal box and see where the slack is in it. I might just have a rocker cam worn more on the right side. It almost comes to a stop when you move the bucket or stick.

  9. #9TIredoldparts2022-07-18 22:07

    well I ended up with new pins, new bushings, and I had to weld up divots in the rockers in the pedal box. its much better now, but haven't run it enough to know if it fixed the one side slower yet. I need to get it real hot running again and see if it acts up.

  10. #10TIredoldparts2022-11-19 20:07

    still doesn't have the same power on the right track as the left and slowly goes right when tracking. where should I T in to check pressures, and which adjustment is for which side?

  11. #11TIredoldparts2022-11-19 21:15

    well I just found the info I need in another manual I had. now I have some checking to do.....

  12. #12TIredoldparts2023-04-13 19:32

    well its getting worse. the centering valve is rebuilt, a new track motor on the right, and it has no power at all now. if you chain both sides on the trailer, the left will spin the track, the right won't. gonna have to start checking pressures on the lines I guess.

  13. #13TIredoldparts2023-04-13 19:34

    track speed is normal if you lift either track.

  14. #14uffex2023-04-14 04:22

    Good day Normal track speed = flow ok Refusing to spin is power = pressure. Checking the main line pressure is what I would suggest. Kind regards Uffex

  15. #15TIredoldparts2023-05-21 17:55

    so each track spool has a pressure compensator in the bottom of it. theres a spring in there on one side. I checked pressures and I was down almost 900 psi on the right track. swapped the springs left to right and the pressure drop moved. so I bought two new springs from JD at $130 apiece, and its now fixed.