Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

50k Excavator Hourly Rates

Netherton Construction ยท 2024-04-22 21:41

I know this can be a taboo topic but I've been agonizing and thought someone on here might offer some honest help. I'm working on a bid for a job that I will need to rent or buy a 50k excavator for and I don't know what an average rate is for that machine. I'll likely buy or be renting a CAT 320f or newer. While I'm at it, I'm interested to hear what opinions are on an 8-Ton machine rate like my 308. That will give me a reference point since I've been running it pretty steadily for about a year and a half. I'm in the Texas/Arkansas/Oklahoma region. Thanks to anyone who can offer advise.

Replies2
  1. #13D12024-04-22 23:36

    We don't work by the hour . My answer would be don't work by the hour. Every time I have in the past I have a customer watching our crew looking at his watch. Give me a set of prints . And I will get you a number take it or leave it. And our contracts have a very detailed section on start date , finish date , weather delays , other delays , etc. I hate being in a rush. I love going slow and doing a nice job and making sure people don't die.

  2. #2Shimmy12024-04-23 01:16

    $200 for a 200, $120 for your 308.