Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

515 transmission fluid?

eric777 ยท 2019-06-25 20:07

Sorry for the lack of knowledge but I just got a older 515 international loader with 3100hrs. It sat for sometime before I got it. Wo got it running and has ran good the last 6 months. Just recently it started not just stop when moving. We noticed that the fluid is low in the sight glass. So my question is it says to use international no. 1 engine oil (10w). I was told to use the hy-Tran fluid bit then the local mechanic said to use 303 hydraulic fluid and that's what's in there. Also I have access to free mobile 1 424 hydraulic/transmission fluid from work. Can I use that or what should I use? I dont have anyone who can get me the hy-tran close. Nearest dealer who has it is 2hrs away. Thank you for the input

Replies0

No replies yet.