Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

$52.00 Ditch Witch seal boot

willie59 ยท 2009-08-20 20:49

Here's something for anyone who has a 3700 Ditch Witch. I was working on one that the hyd control valve was leaky leaky, had to replace valve spool o-rings. Also, the seal boots for control levers were bad, the joystick lever boot was gone. I called Ditch Witch, they have the joystick boot in stock. The lever operated valve boots...not available...have to replace the valve end cap which comes with new boot...$52.00 each! You've got to be kidding! It's a wear item, it's rubber, the end cap is metal! That's like taking your car/truck to get new tires and they say you have to buy tire AND wheel! :Banghead Then I remembered working on a tow behind boom lift several years ago that had a veerrrryyy similar valve, the Ameriquip Eagle lift. I contacted Ameriquip in Calvert City Kentucky,'splained to Bob Rolens what I was doing, he said "yeah, I have the boots (for Eagle lift) in stock...$5.70 each. I was convinced in my head they would work, send me two. They arrived today...perfect fit! I wish everything worked this good...for near 1/10th the cost. :drinkup Here's the link to ADI-Ameriquip for anyone who needs to replace these boots. Talk to Bob Rolens, part #2168BT http://www.ameriquipeagle.com/ old boot new boot perfect!

Replies2
  1. #1digger242j2009-08-20 21:05

    And Ditch Witch probably has it figured that even if 8 out of 10 guys are as smart as you and buy the cheaper alternative, they're still ahead of the game...

  2. #2willie592009-08-20 21:14

    LoL, they may be ahead of the game...except with folks who visit Heavy Equipment Forums!