So I have a 525 cat skidder and I have some electrical issuses. My gauges dont work, when I start up the gauges move, and then go back to nothing. I tried another gauge pack to make sure its not the gauges. I grounded the sender units on the temp and the hyd. pressure, with no changes. I believe that the power has to go through the instument panel control module and then to the gauges, is that correct? I also have some trouble codes 030, 096f03, 248fo2, 271fo5, 819f02. My dealer gave me the list of the meanings of the codes all dealing with voltage high, erratic intermitant or incorrect, and open circuit, do I have a bad insturment control panel module? And can you clear codes without a clicker box? thanks for any help or insight.
The gauges sweep so they have power. Since grounding the sensor didn't peg the gauge then you have continuity. The problem lies in the wiring between the gauges and the senders. Voltage high is an open, and then the erratic and open codes tell me you have either a plug that came undone or a harness that rubbed through.
Thanks Lee-online I will test it tomarrow night, and start looking for harness problems