Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544 Options

stretch ยท 2009-05-16 12:05

I was looking around the noncurrent products part of the Deere website and came across these two features I have never seen on loaders before. sideboom http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons...pdfs/noncurrent_loaders/544_3550_sideboom.pdf backhoe http://www.deere.com/en_US/cfd/cons..._pdfs/noncurrent_loaders/544_9305_backhoe.pdf Just thought I'd share them in case nobody else has seen them before. Anyone ever operate these?

Replies2
  1. #1srs_mn2009-05-16 12:18

    It looks like it would take a two person team to get any work done with that backhoe on a 544B - one to drive the loader and the other to just stay put on the backhoe seat... I imagine crawing up and down on that thing would make for a long day. srs/mn

  2. #2Deereboy2009-08-31 22:16

    I had seen both of these options many years back. The railroad had used two of these loader/backhoes in their operations, but always in good wheather.The sideboom was used on a piping job by a Newfoundland company.Never paid much attention as to how well they worked or where they ever went.