Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544B Electric/Injector Issue

kinetique ยท 2016-02-25 21:30

I am having an issue with my loader that I don't understand. When running hard for a few minutes the engine stalls out. It will not restart unless I leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse and repeat. However if I run a wire direct from the battery to the shutoff solenoid, it fires right back up and is fine. I have tested the battery and the alternator, both are fine. Anyone have an idea of what would cause this and how to fix? I plan on replacing the shutoff solenoid but it doesn't make sense to me.

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-02-25 21:47

    Key switch? Fuse?

  2. #2Delmer2016-02-25 22:12

    If it doesn't make sense, why are you replacing the solenoid? What's the voltage at the solenoid? You could check the voltage or replace the solenoid and then check the voltage.