Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544d deere

BUFORD ยท 2020-01-12 10:47

when rolling bucket back it will not stop till fully tilted. any advice appreciated.

Replies15
  1. #1mikebramel2020-01-12 12:00

    Is the piston looose

  2. #2mg23612020-01-13 05:23

    Does the lever also stay in the curl position? That would be a return to dig circuit malfunction?

  3. #3BUFORD2020-01-14 10:04

    yes

  4. #4BUFORD2020-01-14 10:06

    sorry dont know what you are referring to.

  5. #5Welder Dave2020-01-14 12:31

    Most loaders have automatic bucket positioners (return to dig) usually controlled by pushing the control lever further. Some have a lift height kick out as well. If it's out of adjustment or the control valve is sticking/faulty could cause your problem. Does the lever go into neutral once the bucket is rolled back all the way?

  6. #6BUFORD2020-01-14 16:53

    yes

  7. #7Welder Dave2020-01-14 18:27

    I'm confused. You said the lever stays in the curl position but then you said it returns to neutral position? It can't do both at the same time. If it stays in the curl position and then pops into neutral when the bucket is rolled back all the way back does sound like the return to dig needs adjusting or a solenoid or something is sticking. Would be best if you could expand on exactly what it's doing and when it started doing it.

  8. #8mg23612020-01-15 04:33

    I agree. So what your saying is you curl, the lever sticks in the curled position until the bucket reaches or just about reaches the full curled position and then the lever kick's out? If the bucket curls all the way back and then the lever kicks to the neutral position then a return-to-dig adjustment may be all that is needed. If you have an operator's manual the adjustment procedure is in there.

  9. #9BUFORD2020-01-15 12:24
  10. #10BUFORD2020-01-15 12:26

    That is exactly what it is doing--i have a manual and will see what i find -thanks for all the help.

  11. #11Welder Dave2020-01-15 15:42

    Buford you are a man of few words. The more info you can give the better others can help you.

  12. #12BUFORD2020-01-16 19:52

    I apologize but when I hit the stick to curl it would not stop until finished the curl then I could do whatever with the stick then but when in curl mode could not do anything have had this machine for about three years and it is a county machine that I purchased and have not used it a lot it has done this ever since I purchased it but just thought I would ask if anyone might know the cause did not mean to stir up a pot.

  13. #13BUFORD2020-01-16 20:02

    appreciate all the help.Thanks.

  14. #14Welder Dave2020-01-16 21:17

    You're not stirring the pot. It's just best to give as much relevant info as possible so people can help you figure out what the problem is. If the return-to-dig is electric disconnect the wires and see if it works OK? That would probably be the easiest way to tell if it's a RTD issue.

  15. #15BUFORD2020-01-18 10:28

    Thanks Dave.