Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544e relief valve and other things

YouBrokeWhat? ยท 2018-07-08 12:10

Can someone point me to the relief valve location? I don't have a technical manual for a 544e, I've found them for b's and 644's. I'm trying to first of all see if the relief valve is getting super hot quickly. I just put a new pump on it and it seems to be getting hot (hydraulics) after and hour of pushing up mulch. Should it definitely not be heating up past 180-190? Or is it just something that's going to happen with 12000 hours? All the cylinders are redone except the steering the only other problem is the steering creeps to the left which I imagine is going to create some heat since it's leaking inside the steering valve. Anybody got a manual? And how hard is it to rebuild the steering valve, is it something I'll wish I'd never taken apart and I should just buy a new one? Lol.

Replies1
  1. #1YouBrokeWhat?2018-07-08 14:36

    So I just ran it for an hour it's about 90f outside. My main hydraulic pump was about 200 degrees the brake pump was 205, fluid in the tank was 199 and what I think is the relief valve was over 200, like 203 or something. None of the fittings on the lines going to the cooler were over 140 though. Anyone know how the fluid gets to the cooler, does it go through the filter to the cooler or vice versa?