Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

544J Monitor Issues

chris544 · 2019-01-23 15:40

Hi guys, new member here. figured id post a question about my 544J loader. machine has around 24,500hrs on her, just recently (the last year or so) ive been having issues with the LCD monitor, would start the loader and it would run good, shift good, but after 5 minutes the screen would flash off, and then continue for the next 30 seconds to come on and off until it would eventually stay off(everything still worked perfect, shifted good etc). if i used the loader for 2 hours and shut it down for 10 minutes and came back again to use it, the screen wouldnt work proper, would be all fuzzy and id sit there for 5 minutes turning the key on and off just to get the screen to boot up proper(so i at least could use it over anything than 1st gear). just yesterday morning i got in it and the screen would not come on at all, it starts but only is able to drive in 1st gear only, im assuming its straight up a monitor issue? thats all i can think of at the moment but any help would be appreciated! thanks!

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612019-01-24 04:21

    Welcome to the forum Chris First thing I would check is to make sure you have good power and grounds to the monitor.

  2. #2chris5442019-01-27 09:19

    Had power and grounds were good, just bit the bullet and got a new monitor, works like new now!

  3. #3mg23612019-01-27 12:00

    Good to know, thanks.

  4. #4512high2019-01-27 22:02

    Just curious......cost on new panel.?

  5. #5Vetech632019-01-28 07:21

    Your left arm and your first born.

  6. #6chris5442019-01-28 08:28

    Haha not cheap that’s for sure, $1200 without core $1100 with core, if I had more time I almost would have tried finding someone to repair mine, but this loader loads feed for cows every day and I couldn’t afford to have it down

  7. #7512high2019-01-28 08:42

    glad its solved, not as bad as I thought, cows will be happy too!

  8. #8Delmer2019-01-28 09:05

    I wonder if Deere rebuilds the core, or if they give you $100 to destroy it and keep it off the market for somebody else to rebuild?

  9. #9chris5442019-01-28 11:27

    I’d say it wasn’t cheap but not as bad as I had thought, I’ve heard prices as high as $2600 for them Not sure what Deere does with them though, I’m sure they destroy them, considering there’s no reman part number for monitors, everything else does (starter, alternator) be curious to find out though!