11k hour 544k E649245 Dropped off at dealer for turbo actuator and full service. Ended up with injector harness, turbo, intake tube, and had overhead run. Start it up to load on trailer and get 3720.15 (ash level high) So, I has questions. How is ash level calculated? ...My Cat 336E (C9.3) has a 5k hour clock, but, nothing else here in the fleet appears to have any kind of preset time frame. I've got 314E machines (C4.4) that have cleared 8k hours with no DPF issues. My Komatsu WA270-7 (6.7 ISB) machine doesn't appear to have an ash clock. . Can the machine computer convey whether the regeneration events were occurring more frequently? . How much info is available from the machine computer? . Is 11k hours when the clock goes off? . When replacing DPF and something is reset, is it different for a cleaned vs new DPF? . Why aren't exchange units available from Deere? . Is the timer (clock) for ash levels explained anywhere (o&m, service manual)? . Could it just be coincidence that the DPF was just removed for other service? . Is there any info on the web as to Deere's ash level strategy?
I asked the same type of questions on a Hitachi excavator I looked at for a client awhile back. Machine had around 5,000 hours as I recall and the DPF had never been removed. I asked about cleaning it and was told by the dealer that they don't do it unless the system in the machine tells them to. Since this machine was going far north, I insisted that the sale would not proceed unless it was cleaned or replaced. They told me they got an exchange and installed it. I had to reinspect the machine at the dock and confirm that the DPF was changed and it was. So far no news on the machine which is good news. Never got an answer as to how they know the unit has topped out on ash.
?? Are there other engine related stored codes? There are codes for frequent regeneration, but no there is not a "reading" a tech can access to see that information. Not enough Deere does not technically use a clock. They have complicated algorithms based on fuel usage, load, time, intake and exhaust pressures and actual differential pressure of the DPF to determine the state of the DPF. The only difference is when DPF is replaced a tech has to calibrate the new DPF. Either new or cleaned a service Regen needs to be performed and the check box for DPF reset has to be checked. They used to. I think they stopped because to ship a core back you are dealing with hazardous wastes. Plus there are many places to get them cleaned. TOP Secret Possibly. Nope. I PM'd you.
Just checking, did you get the PM and were able to view the attachment?
Yes. And thank you for that. Apparently, Deere's strategies for ash calculation aren't shared at the dealer level. Dealer said 5.2" flow before cleaning and 3.5" flow after cleaning. No visible signs of contamination upon removal (still uniform ceramic color). While 11k hours is awesome for first "calculated" cleaning for ash, I still don't know when to consider it again. And, I would've had it cleaned when it was off the machine to replace leaking injector harness (which made it a no-brainer to check the valve clearances).